Back in the 1970’s, Christian Restoin introduced menswear style shirts into women’s wardrobes. And this is the where button down shirts had emerged. Button down shirts are shirts with buttons down the front. Full collared and cuffed sleeves. Nothing too complicated, semi-tailored, unfussy and elegant. Every lady had been on the craze to buy button down shirts and you wouldn’t know anyone – celebrity or otherwise that does not own Equipment tops. Today button down shirts are making its comeback and more and more women says that their wardrobe is incomplete without it. So take a look as we experiment different ways to wear our equipment tops. We will offer up a hefty dose of button-down inspiration with 10 knockout ensembles you can easily re-create.
1. Dress for Success – Wear a long sleeve button down shirt underneath a bright color sleeveless dress and your dress can have that extra impact you’ve been looking for.
2. Get Boho tied – Wear a long sleeve button down shirt with a maxi skirt. Make a knot tie with your shirt too to make it look more boho. Finish with earthly accessories – wooden or beaded.
3. Pencil it in – Wear a long sleeve button down shirt with a pencil skirt. Tuck it in and finish with a nice sleek belt to bring out the professional look in you.
4. Load up on leather – a leather blazer and leather pants will make a good pair for your button down shirt. Finish with a leather bag too.
5. Perfect your Prep – Wear a long sleeve button down shirt underneath a long sleeve sweater and make sure that the collar goes outside. Pair it with a preppy mini skirt and the perfect preppy look will be achieved.
6. Pair the colors up. – Plainly wear your button down shirt and pair it with pants that match its color but with a lighter or darker shade. Make sure your bags, shoes and accessories are on the same colors too but in different shades I remind.
7. Skinny Jeans – Wear a long sleeve button down shirt with a skinny jeans and high heel pump shoes and tuck it in. Finish with some bold necklace accessories like pearl that goes down the neckline and above your chest.
8. Tux up – Wear a long sleeve button down shirt with a tuxedo and you can achieve a popular look celebrities had been sporting in almost every red carpet..
9. Blazing Up – Wear it with a blazer. Any shirts can add up spice with some blazers.
10. Make it Metallic or Shiny – Wear it with a pair of metallic blazers and pants. It can also be sparkling or sequin to live up the day and steal the spotlight!
Equipment tops are classic closet staple and the perfect canvas for a variety of truly chic looks. It is a brand that will never go out of style. From office appropriate with a pencil skirt to tied up with a maxi or worn with a bit of menswear flair (can also be with a necktie),it can offer you the looks and styles you’ve always wanted. So shop for equipment tops now and style your way fashionistas! The possibilities are endless when you have equipment tops on you.